October 30, 2006

Monkbot Has Gone to the Dogs (and Cats)

Sadie Mae...loved by Shelley

We here at Monkbot Talk lurve our furry friends.

So, in honor of them, I'm posting pictures of and words about those sweet friends that love us despite our inadequacies.

Winnie...loved by Holeigh

This is my baby, Winnie. (As in The Pooh, she looked like a bear cub as a puppy. However, my uncles call her "Windsor", as in Winsdor Canadian, their whiskey 'o choice.) She's a typical Chow Chow, quite the hunter and protector. But behind the bark she's a sweetheart.
--Holeigh

---

Hobbit, Flame, and Pixie...loved by Quossum

Flame is a Borzoi. Pixie is a rare, prick-eared Italian Greyhound (sounds better than saying “Italian Greyhound that doesn’t look like most of them due to a disqualifying breed fault,” doesn’t it?). Hobbit is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (I also have an old, rickety Borzoi named Moxie who isn’t very photogenic these days.) We have a lot of fun together at agility shows. I train using totally positive methods (a education and a challenge for someone with a temper like mine!), and Lord knows these dogs eat healthier than I do! God knew what he was doing when he created these lowly creatures that love us so much—it’s awesome and it’s humbling.
--Quossum

---

Rosie and Domino...loved by Double D

Domino is named for Van the Man's "Domino," and Rosie is named after Van's "Rose in Spanish Harlem." She is actually nuts...
--Double D

---

Amigo...loved by Baby Duck

My 7-month-old English springer spaniel puppy is Amigo, but gets shortened to Meego most of the time. He's a "me go, too!" kind of a dog.
--Baby Duck

---

Jasper and Magoo...loved by Bamaborntxbred

Poor guys...these aren't very good photos...I'm such a proud momma.
--Bamaborntxbred

---

Mackie...loved by Jenniesaunt

It is not everyday that a dog picks you, but that is what Mackie, short for Macaroni, did. My husband said that the dog picked us because he knew that we were easy to train.

Mackie is a blonde cocker spaniel who has mellowed at the ripe old age of 6 (that's 42 in dog years). But in his early years Mackie:
1. Covered himself in stamps with one on the top of his head. I have never ever understood how he managed to do this, but my friend said that maybe he wanted to go somewhere.
2. Went fishing for tadpoles on the top of a swimming pool cover. How did we know you ask? He was really stinky and there were paw prints leading to the scene of the crime. How he managed to avoid pulling off the cover is a mystery. It still scares me to think that he could have drowned.
3. Removed a nectarine from a bowl in the middle of the table and ate it. How did I know you ask? He left some evidence--the pit.

You have to love a dog with this much ingenuity!!!
--Jenniesaunt

---

Mayo...loved by Squeebee

My Shar-Pei is named Mayo. He doesn't look very wrinkly, but he is a pure-bred. Mayo is my ever-present shadow! We have had him for almost a year now and we love him to bits.
--Squeebee

---

Bella...loved by NOLAgirl

Here is Bella the Baby and Bella the LSU fan.
--NOLAgirl

---

Boegan and Rio...loved by Jax

Boegan and Rio are my granddogs...and here is their story.

My daughter Cari met a wonderful young woman walking her dog outside our office. She told this young woman to please bring him in to meet her mother (that would be me). I kept dog bisquits in my desk drawer for four-legged visitors.

This began a daily vist when this wonderful young woman would come home at lunch to walk Boegan. One day Anne (the wonderful young woman) decided that Boegan needed a little sister so she adopted Rio from a great guy named Charlie who worked with us. Now the three of them would visit every day. When my son returned home from a six-month deployment, we introduced him to this wonderful young woman & her "kids".

Long Story short... Anne is now our daughter-in-law, and Boegan & Rio are our grand dogs.

The pictures that I have sent are 1) Boegan helping his "Nanny" (that would be me) at work and 2) the "kids" sharing a popsicle. Yes, they would lick the popsicle and then when asked to, Boegan would take a bite.
--Jax

---

Gus...loved by Soulkaren

Gus is our daughter's English bulldog, but we get to be grandparents on the weekends, so he's at our home for three days a week.

Gus is 3 years old this week, and he's NOTHING like I thought bulldogs would be. He never slobbers or snores... but loves to cuddle and sleep and put one paw on your lap to feel close to you. He also loves begging for desserts!

He's just the BEST!
--Soulkaren

---

And for good measure...one more cutie-pie picture...featuring Rosie and Domino.

Double D entitled this one...Box o' Cats.



---

Labels:

22 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww....DD....love the box-o-cats!
Shelley this was such a fun idea.....so cool to see everyone's pets.

Soulkaren....love your Gus! He is the cutest.

 
At 10/30/2006 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a horrible, horrible mother. I didn't send you a blurb about my girl, Shelley! Totally forgot when I sent the pictures. Thankfully, she can't read, so she won't see this. ;)

----

Anyway, what a variety we have here! They all look squishable and cuddly (yep, even the cats!). I love this post!

 
At 10/30/2006 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad "the kittens" could represent. Seems that they are in the minority....all you dawg lovahs.

 
At 10/30/2006 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DD....I lurve kitties but hubby is allergic, so I can't have any. I will love on yours to make myself feel better! ;)

 
At 10/30/2006 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, don't you just love Domino's little "reverse soul patch"...he's one cool cat...very docile but "easily influenced" by his sister, Rosie, who is a very "inquisitive" cat -- yes, she actually IS nuts.

 
At 10/30/2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger shelley said...

I gotta give props to all of y'all.

These are some real cutie pies!

Thanks for sharing. ;)

 
At 10/30/2006 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and regarding the box...this is actually an empty 12-pack Mich Ultra box that they think is their "clubhouse".

Everyone's "bubbies" are sooo cute...

and, NOLA -- BELLA RAWKS!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!

 
At 10/30/2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger shelley said...

I've got to say...when I got the pic of Gus staring at that pie...I about fell out of my chair.

Hilarious!

 
At 10/30/2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger shelley said...

Y'all, i just got called out at work for blogging.

Will post something tonight.

I won't be on during the day ANYMORE.

I'm in big trouble.

Shelley

 
At 10/30/2006 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry Shelley!

I have now emailed this link to everyone I know all around the country!

Gotta love all these beautiful animals! What joy they bring to our lives!

 
At 10/30/2006 12:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack Shelley....sorry to hear that! Do what ya gotta do, girl!

 
At 10/30/2006 01:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of these pictures, we have such cute pets. :)

But now I am heartbroken at no more Shelley during the day! I know this story is going to be a must read...

 
At 10/30/2006 01:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniffles* I want one.


*note same statement can be applied to boyfriends, husbands and lovers as to pets

 
At 10/30/2006 01:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, your pets are too cute!! I don't have a digital camera, so no pictures of my 16 year-old blind cat for you :(

*hoping Shelley doesn't get into too much trouble for Monkbotting during working hours...*

 
At 10/30/2006 02:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire - Word.

Shrew - You're back! Yay!

 
At 10/30/2006 02:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all I'm working my butt off today! (Would be nice if that were literal...) I wish I could be here for the pet comments. They are all so adorable! I wish my boys were better represented...I didn't even write anything up! Everyone has such cute babies!!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Shelley! I hope you don't get into too much trouble.

I think we can still hold down the fort w/o Shelley here during the day, right guys??

I gotta run and get back to work! Lots to do!

 
At 10/30/2006 02:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, we can do it Bama! ;)

I didn't do a write up for my dog either - don't feel bad!

 
At 10/30/2006 04:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanted to say that I loved your story Jax!! I've had my dogs for 13 years and they still haven't landed themselves a daddy! What's a momma gotta do??

Also-Jennisaunt: Mackie sounds like quite a handful!! I love the postage stamp story!

My dog, Jasper, can fly. He's jumped out of my second story bedroom window TWICE...and landed w/o a scratch on him. Weird.

Magoo is my special boy. He is kind of a bad dog...he likes to bark at squirrels and rabbits and other dogs and cats and cars and people and, well...just about anything...but he looks at me with such adoration...oh, I'm getting all misty eyed!

 
At 10/30/2006 04:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and DD...love the kitty-kitties! Way to represent the felines!

 
At 10/30/2006 07:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, have really enjoyed gazing at all your lovely pet pictures. Wish I could have a dog or cat. Sigh.

Shelley - hope you're ok, after your difficult morning at work. we're all thinking of you. (I like Sadie's smart crocheted blanket, btw.)

 
At 10/30/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger shelley said...

Rowan...I think everything will be fine with my job. I put a new post on the homepage to explain everything.

Now...about that crocheted afghan...polishes nails on shirt...I made that for my mom last Christmas! :)

 
At 10/30/2006 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Quossum said...

Hey, Shelley and everyone!

Thanks for this cute post--it's great seeing everyone's pets!

Yikes about the work thing--now I gotta go read your new post about it!

--Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home