February 15, 2007

A Post to Discuss Thursday Night on the Boob Tube

I actually cried when Michael showed up at Pam's art show and wanted to buy her painting of Dunder Mifflin. And I ached for her when Oscar and his partner showed up and trashed her work....that was pretty tacky.

But I didn't know what was worse...having Roy try too hard to like her "art" or not having Jim even show his face. Brutal night for Pam.

However, the scenes with the bat...priceless. Especially Angela wearing that plastic rain babooshka and having Jim act like he was turning into a vampire.

Hilarious.

---

On Grey's...I cried pretty much the whole way through.

I thought it was a great episode. The writers are really bringing Karev out as a layered character. (DD...don't pull a muscle springing to the keyboard to type "I told you so.") And I really felt Addison was talking about me when she said how sad it was to be alone and wondered if anyone would notice if she went missing. Karev really took her breath away telling her he would miss her.

WHERE'S MY KAREV, WORLD?!

shakes fist violently in the air

As for Meredith...seriously?

Are we to believe the character the entire show is named for is going to DIE?

Pfftthhhh

However, I will say, I think we're in for some pretty comical opening scenes next week as she whines to her "angels."

Speaking of those angels...I'm guessing Meredith is in Heaven because...Kyle Chandler AND Jeffery Dean Morgan? Geesh...some girls have all the luck.

I guarantee if it was me waking up to the Great Beyond, my angels wouldn't have sexy stubble or twinkly eyes...they would probably look Lon Chaney and Ernest Borgnine.

shakes fist violently in the air...again

I will say this about the show though...I know Meredith was walking toward the light, so they let Izzie do the closing narration while everyone wrung their hands about poor Mer.

But am I the only who found Iz's little soliloquy weird and ill-timed? I mean, one of her bestest buddies is dying and she's going on about eating a tub of butter and the calories not counting and telling George he shouldn't have married Callie (of whom this week we only saw her eyes...she must be working a major outbreak of fever blisters to be hiding behind that O.R. mask in her one and only scene this week).

I honestly thought the writers could have done a better job with the ending. We viewers at least deserved that for enduring a three-part episode!

shakes fist violently at writers

---

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 07:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word:

HEH!

 
At 2/16/2007 07:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley, that scene with Michael and Pam was perfect. It totally made up for the rest of the Michael scenes in the classroom, where he was going a little too over the top for me. But it made sense in context at the end.

And with the bat, I would have been laying flat on the floor with Angela! And dear God, if I had been Meredith with the bag with the bat in it over my head... well, you might as well just commit me to an asylum right there and then because I would NEVER get over that!! Aaaaaaaaghhhhh!!!!

 
At 2/16/2007 08:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN on the ending of Grey's with Izzie. What WAS that? I'm going to have to read the Grey's writers blog to see if I can get some hints as to what they were going for there.

Poor McDreamy. I kinda wanted to hold him. *sniff sniff*

Is the whole posting of polaroids as a means of identifying patients realistic? That was so awful. I mean, I can't even imagine being one of those people in that waiting room.

 
At 2/16/2007 09:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I freakin' loooove Karev. I've always thought he was soooo sexy. And his sweet side coming through now, it only makes the whole picture that much more attractive. Ummm...yummy.

Izzie- Here's what I think. I think Izzie is an emotional talker. When faced with a stressful situation she starts blathering about weird stuff. It's kind of like innapropriate laughter...like when I couldn't quit laughing at my uncle's funeral. I also think she's the only one of the group that cares enough to tell George the truth about marrying that hairy beast.

I about came out of my skin when I saw Denny. I miss him so much, it's like he was MY boyfriend that died.

You know Merry is gonna live through this and then bitch and moan about it for years to come.

The Office: I love Jim so much!!

I, too, cried when Michael showed up at Pam's art show. He was genuinely in awe of her paintings and it showed. That was one of the sweetest moments of the season.

Best moment of the show for me was when Ryan was "moving" into his new desk space...and Kelly was freaking out!!

 
At 2/16/2007 10:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Meredith is coming back next week -- my guess is that Ellis Gray will be the one who dies and remains dead. Perhaps, she and Meredith will have a final reconciliation in "Limbo" -- before Meredith returns to life...

 
At 2/16/2007 11:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny you say that Libby...when Merry was "dead" and in that hospital room with Denny and Pink Mist guy....I could swear I saw a woman standing outside the room, looking in. I thought it might've been her Mother. It coulda been Merry's reflection...but I kept looking at it and I don't remember coming to that conclusion. No one else I've spoken to today remembers seeing that though...so maybe I'm crazeee.

 
At 2/16/2007 11:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting twist, Libby! I could see that happening. The writers blog was talking a lot about how Meredith is in so much pain as a result of her mother and that situationn (hence the whole drowning theme) so maybe something that crazy needs to happen for them to have a happier Meredith?

 
At 2/16/2007 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is off topic, but....

just Who is the REAL AI Diva?

 
At 2/16/2007 01:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris isn't my favorite Idol...but at the same time, if we were his fans and knew him as well as we know Taylor...we might not fully believe all this article has to say.

Statments about whether he was smiling or not...overheard "disgruntled" whisperings....those are the things I'll take with a grain of salt.

As far as Chris' quotes about AI and stardom not being all it's cracked up to be, I understand that...and I bet Taylor has similar feelings...at least about AI.

I bet it's pretty hard to be worried about your wife and kids, to be a "rocker" at your soul...yet having to play shows for be-dazzled AI ladies and kids...and (horror of horrors) having to put out a Creedleback sound-alike album until you've proven yourself...

 
At 2/16/2007 02:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know (or care) if Chris is disgruntled or not, but I thought this was an interesting quote...

"He was the first Idol that I'd ever met who had material that he had written,'' Davis says. ''That was compelling.''

Ummmm?

 
At 2/16/2007 02:31:00 PM, Blogger shelley said...

NOLA...I thought the very same thing.

 
At 2/16/2007 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that too. I just figured he meant LITERALLY, he was the first he'd seen....like, he met him before he met Taylor.

I have to maintain my sense of optimism!

 
At 2/16/2007 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe..Meredith will live...I believe...that Im a terrible actress..I believe..if I say "I believe" one more time some one will smack me across the face with a wet kipper! But I can say that to you guys..your my friends!!!!
P.s. I believe..Taylor rawks!
Oh hey..I have to send you guys in a copy of my cockateil singing and dancing to Taylor's runaround song..he goes crazy ( the cockateil)..bobs up and down and whistles the tune..and he has grey feathers..!!! Taylor chick is his new name..If I can get hubby to put it on the puter for me I will send it in. Hugs to you all
Sally x

 
At 2/16/2007 04:03:00 PM, Blogger shelley said...

sally...so good to hear from ya!

MUST HAVE VID OF COCKATEIL SINGING RUNAROUND FOR MONKBOT!!!!

PUUULLLLLEEEEEZZZZZZZZ!!!

 
At 2/16/2007 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh forgot to ask..did any of you see that new series last night called Men in Trees?? Anne Heshe was in it..what'd you think?
Salx

 
At 2/16/2007 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh forgot to ask..did any of you see that new series last night called Men in Trees?? Anne Heshe was in it..what'd you think?
Salx

 
At 2/16/2007 04:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah...on the Clive quote, but I believe Bo Bice wrote his own songs.

LOAD. OF. CRAP.

Sorry, but I think that Chris is the "diva". That's what Dean the hairdresser said, and we know HE knows. HA!

Chris' carping annoys me like women carping about their DH's annoys Shelley. Cry me a freakin' river.

I still hear "A Whole New World" every time I see him. Someone needs to tell him that Genie beard has got to go. UGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home