November 10, 2006

Why...Why...Why...Walter?

First of all...if you're not watching "Ugly Betty"...then you obviously need to get your priorities straight.

I love this show.

It's entirely a guilty pleasure...but I can't help myself.

I love this show.

Betty (America Ferrera) is absolutely charming...but she is almost upstaged by a fantastic ensemble cast.

Vanessa Williams as Willamina is beyond fabulous. I would have never thought she'd be so much fun. I mean, for years, I've associated her with "All the Colors of the Wind"...how does that translate into evil, yet complicatedly tenderhearted Willamina?

She's amazing.

And her assistant, Eric (played by the hilarious Mark Urie), never fails to crack me up with just one crazed look in his eye.

Even guest star (and producer) Selma Hayek has been wonderful. (Is it me or did she look a thousand times better last night than last week?)

But my favorite...the character that searches his soul and reaches into my heart is Daniel Mead...played by Eric Mabius (pictured top right).

Okay...so maybe he doesn't reach into my heart...but he IS hawt.

Very hawt.

I'm in love with Daniel Mead/Eric Mabius. When he illuminates from my 15-year-old Goldstar television, I forget about Jim Halpert...and I wonder...Taylor, who?

However, I am quickly growing tired of Walter (Kevin Sussman, pictured top left), Betty's nerdy but "lovable" boyfriend.

He's supposed to be the one who keeps Betty grounded as she navigates the wild world of high fashion magazines.

He's supposed to be heart and soul to Daniel's skirt chasing and uber-image-conscious ego.

But has everyone forgotten that WALTER CHEATED ON BETTY...WITH SOME FLOOZY WHO BATTED HER EYELASHES AT HIM?!

Why is everyone routing for Walter? Why?

He's whiny. He's predictable. He's insecure. He's clueless. And he's inconsiderate.

Plus...

HE CHEATED ON BETTY...WITH SOME FLOOZY WHO BATTED HER EYELASHES AT HIM!

I say down with Walter...up with Daniel!

Okay...I'm off my "Betty" rant.

---

Now...onto "The Office."

I loved this episode...even though it was basically one huge set up for next week. Did anyone else almost choke with laughter at the previews for next week when Michael meets Karen and says she looks so exotic and is her father a G.I.? I actually howled...I bet you heard me. I can't wait for next week.

Other great office moments of the night:

  1. Dwight's Christmas Card list (Raise your hand if you were aching to know who else was on that list...care to take a stab at guessing? Here are a few to start you off...Orlando Bloom...Ian Anderson...and Mike Johanns.)

  2. Kelly ramming Ryan into the fridge when she learned they wouldn't be separated

  3. The look on Pam's face when Phyllis told her Jim was returning to Scranton

  4. When Jim said, "I always thought the Scranton branch would close but I thought it would be because Michael sold the building for a handful of magic beans."

  5. When Jim said about Josh, "Say what you will about Michael Scott...he would NEVER do that."
---

About Grey's Anatomy...another great episode.

First of all...could George have looked any cuter in his close ups? Those green eyes! MMmmmm...

In regard to Meredith. I know we're supposed to champion behind her because she's flawed and all that crap...but GIVE ME A BREAK! She went for a drink with McSteamy?! What?! I don't care that she ended up with Derrick...her flirting and "getting a drink" with Sloan was disgusting. Ack!

Now...I saved this for last...everyone sit down and prepare yourself...

I actually liked Callie last night.

BAM! I buried the lead.

Now discuss.

---

Oh...for those who are curious...the Traveling Monkbot Project is shaping up nicely. I took him around Jackson today at lunch and snapped some great shots. So far 13 people are taking part (including me)...and Traveling Monkbot will visit 8 states and two other countries. I don't want to say where's he's going...I think it will be more fun to surprise you!

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wish I didn't have class on Thursdays nights so I could watch this show! I loved the previews and I'm sure I would be drawn in just like you, Shell, haha.

I may join the TMP...we'll see in the near future, I guess!

 
At 11/09/2006 10:59:00 PM, Blogger shelley said...

Hey Holeigh...I was hoping to hear from you!

Girl...even I have a VCR! You need to tape "Ugly Betty"! ;)

Oh...and I really hope you can show Monkbot what college life is like.

o--{:8)}(Z)=

 
At 11/10/2006 06:40:00 AM, Blogger shelley said...

Lunch boy was GREAT! I wish they'd bring him back.

Good call, Ash.

 
At 11/10/2006 08:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I was in a funk last night and re-watched all of season 6 of Seinfeld on DVD so I would have the office and Grey's tonight when I am in a better mood. All of these "teasers" are really getting me jazzed!

 
At 11/10/2006 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHREW!

 
At 11/10/2006 09:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWE Double D! Thanks. I just recieved flowers from an unknown person...anyone?

 
At 11/10/2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww....Shrewbie.....you didn't tell me! Hippo Birdy Two Ewes, girl!

 
At 11/10/2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooohh...a secret admirer! How exciting!

 
At 11/10/2006 10:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Squee.

 
At 11/10/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger shelley said...

The Birthday Girl wins the

Official Prize of the Day

Love ya, girl!

 
At 11/10/2006 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe...I get the OPOD just for getting older? Saaaaweeet!

Love all of you too!

 
At 11/10/2006 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHREW!!!!!!!!!!

Now, on to Grey's Anatomy. I came thisclose to crying during the woman having her baby scene with Addison and Callie. Whew, that was a toughie.

Addison has been looking SO pretty and SO much less manly this season, and last night especially.

Donna/Daniel, Sloan's patient? Crazy.

Weber's uncomfortable yet hilarious lightbulb moment regarding Joe and Walter -- so funny!!

Cristina is going to get her ass kicked if she keeps this up.

 
At 11/10/2006 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shrew, it's my birthday tomorrow!! Scorpios unite!!

 
At 11/10/2006 12:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Claire! And thanks Nola...I really can't wait to see all of the shows tonight!

 
At 11/10/2006 12:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Claire and Shrew,

As Owl said to Eeyore ...

HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY!!

(My birthday was on Monday -- I feel wiser, somehow)

 
At 11/10/2006 12:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what's with all the Scorpio MonkBots?? Yay me, Shrew and Mind Doc!!

 
At 11/10/2006 01:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I do have a VCR! However, it is at home and I am not...it just seemed pointless to bring it when I don't watch any new shows, really. I loves the reruns!

(Maybe the MonkBot will end up spending some time in a Michigan hick town, I think I'll be on break by the time I would get him!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHREW!

And HAPPY BELATED, Mind Doc!

And HAPPY EARLY, Claire! So many birthdays, I hope you all have had a wonderful week. :)

(Lastly: This comment box doesn't accept my HTML color tag. *Sad* Haha)

 
At 11/10/2006 01:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated B-day, Mind Doc, and Happy Early b-day Claire!

 
At 11/10/2006 02:04:00 PM, Blogger shelley said...

Ack!...all these birthdays I'm missing!

Happy B-Day to Mind Doc AND to Claire!

Love you all! :)

 
At 11/10/2006 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scorpio Monkbots indeed! Mine was Wednesday.

 
At 11/10/2006 04:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHREW!!

Woooooooooooooooo ehayyyyyyyyyyyy Clapppppppppp (Insert Taylor Sway Here!)

Missed everything last night... Watched alot of Ed Bradley stories.. I always thought that he was such an amazing gentleman. Do y'all know the story about Harrison Ford's earring? He was at lunch with Ed Bradley & Jimmy Buffett and they were joking that he was the only one without one.. A few days later his daughter said.. Dad, let me pierce your ear, she was taking some sort of cosmetology course& had just learned how to do this.. So.. he said sure & that is the story of how Indiana Jones got his earring.. you may now go back to you regular programming

 
At 11/10/2006 08:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go November Monkboteers! Feliz cumpleanos a todos!!

Happy birthday, Ivoryhut!

(I like the Harrison Ford story, btw.)

 
At 11/10/2006 09:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Shrew !!!

Hope you have a great birthday weekend.

Here is a candle* burning brightly*--quick make a wish.

 
At 11/11/2006 09:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm anonymous was me ... sheesh somedays I can't get anything right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home